Sunday, August 7, 2011

Post apocalyptic novel?

Hi guys. I have been inspired by several sources that are centred around modern civilisation being threatened by a plague, like Survivors (BBC) and The Stand (Stephen King). I am not so concerned with the apocalyptic theme although that is central to the story (which will be a short one perhaps a novella) but what I am more interested in is how people will continue afterwards. How would we eat? How would we keep warm? How would we continue family? What about the freedom? What about the silence? The lack of communication? The pureness and opportunity of the world without billions of people. I am more concerned with the drama. Is this a good idea? Should I write this even though it has been done by several people already? I feel like I can have my own twist to it even though its a recurring idea. If I am to write this the plague will be completely natural and not man-made as so many of the plagues are. I am basing it on the Spanish Flu which so many people feel to have forgotten. I am going to play on the panic that the swine flu caused. Is this good?

No comments:

Post a Comment