Friday, August 12, 2011

Layed off from work or not?

my employer came to me and asked if id like to volunteer to be layed off from work. they have already layed several people off and i dont believe theyll force me because of my work ethics but i cant figure out if its a good choice. the things i consider is if eventually the company goes down the drain a few months later will i make less money off unemployment because of the benifit year unemployment goes through. also id be making about the same amount of money because i can stay home while layed off waiting to return to work while my wife works and i can also get money from my gi bill while in college. but i also worry that the job im at is about the best job around here for a laborer. if they decide to not employ me back then what will i do. 6 months later when unemployment runs out ill be forced to take a lower paying worse job. what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment